Saturday, December 2, 2017

TWD - Favorite Moments From 8x05 & 8x06







Hi Everyone!

I hope you all are doing well. I got busy with Thanksgiving last week so I am doing both 8x05 and 8x06 in this weeks post. 

So here we go.......




I have to admit that 8x05 fell a little flat for me although I did love the look on Daryl's face when he learned that Carol was alive and well after she annihilated a bunch of Saviors. You could pretty much feel the rush of relief that swept over him as he thought to himself, "that's my girl"!
#CarylOnBaby




I really loved the opening for 8x06 when everyone is reading their letters. I think it is wonderful that the Kingdom, Hilltop and Alexandria are all keeping up with what's going on with each camp so that everyone stays on the same page. This scene really seemed to unite the groups as one and gave a sense of family that I have not felt from them in awhile.
#BetterTogether




I am loving the relationship that is forming between Carol and Henry. I know that it is probably risky for Carol to get close to another child after losing so many in the past, but I actually think this could be a healing experience for her. There is a void that each child left in Carol's heart and Henry also has a void from losing the best parent figure he had in his brother, Benjamin. I'm not necessarily saying that I want Carol to officially become his mom as I think Ezekiel has pretty much adopted him at this point but I do love the idea of her becoming this cool aunt that teaches him how to use a gun, kill Walkers and bake cookies. Maybe Uncle Daryl could even show him how to hunt squirrels and ride motorcycles! 
#LuckyKid




I know I have said it before but let me just say it again that I could watch Maggie treat Gregory like a bratty child all day! His pig pen punishment has been LONG overdue and it just made me feel incredibly proud of Maggie for not only standing up for herself but for all of Hilltop as well! 
#LeaderGoals




I literally shouted for joy when Daryl hopped out of the truck to save the day! There really is not much to say about this AWESOME scene other than how bad I wish Carol had been there to see it. 😍
#PutARingOnIt




Lastly, I don't even know where to begin with this beautifully heart felt scene between Carol and Ezekiel. The tragic loss of Shiva and the many Kingdomers is clearly the worst thing that has happened to Ezekiel since the apocalypse started, so he has not quite learned how to handle grief while still needing to fight for survival. However Carol could literally write a book on that very subject. I loved when she told him how playing a part has gotten her this far and that you just have to pretend everything is going to be fine even if you don't feel like it. These lessons really highlight why Carol is my favorite character. Her speech to Ezekiel spoke to me in a personal way and inspires me to keep fighting as well!

#GiveThemAllTheAwads


I thoroughly enjoyed 8x06 so much and am hoping that the rest of the season will be more like this episode in the fact that it pretty much had everyone in it.



I will be back with a new recap next week so until then I hope everyone has an awesome week and knows how much you are loved and appreciated!

Big Hugs,
-GG






No comments:

Post a Comment